“Giraffes Only Have Bottom Teeth” and Other Facts You Need to Know About Teeth
Teeth! We see them every day but most of us knew only a little about them. To further expand our knowledge on teeth and dentistry, we have listed some facts that might interest you.
- In average, a U.S. citizen is spending about 38.5 days to brush his/her teeth over a lifetime.
- If you want to have healthier teeth and gums, you should limit your soda intake because there are 10 to 12 teaspoons of sugar in a can of soda. Studies show that people who are drinking 3 or more glasses of soda every day have more chances of having tooth decay and experiencing tooth loss. Instead of sodas, it would be better to drink water or juices.
- There are many hard substances in the human body but the hardest is the tooth enamel. However, it is still not advisable for you to open bottle caps using your healthy teeth.
- Dentists recommend brushing and flossing at least twice a day. They say that if you do not floss, you miss to clean 40% of the surface of your teeth.
- Right-handed people tend to chew their food on the right side; left-handed people on the left.
- Chewing gums are very popular in North America. In fact, children there are spending close to half a million dollars on chewing gums every year.
- Just like our fingers, there are prints on our tongues. Every tongue print is unique just like fingerprints.
- Women smile more often than men and children laugh more often than adults. According to studies, a woman smiles an average of 62 times a day and a man smiles an average of only 8 times a day. A child laughs around 400 times a day and an adult person smiles just around 15 times a day.
- According to Guinness World Records, Sir Isaac Newton has the most valuable tooth. In 1816, Sir Newton’s tooth was sold for $3,633. In today’s terms, the tooth costs around $35,700.
- The size of the mouth of a small snail is similar to the size of the head of a pin. But that mouth can have more than 25,000 teeth.
- The largest animal on the planet is a marine mammal, the Blue Whale. They have no teeth and most of them eat shrimp only.
There are still many things that we don’t know about teeth and it’s best to consult a dentist to learn more about our teeth’s condition. If you are looking for a dentist in Arabian Ranches who is knowledgeable on dental implants, invisible braces, and porcelain veneers in Dubai, then search no more. Our dentists are experts in all of those and many other dental conditions and procedures. Book an appointment today and let us help you achieve that smile you have always wanted.