“A Rat Can Contaminate 10x More Food than It Eats” And Other Things You Need To Know About Rats
Did you know that if not controlled, 2 mating rats can become hundreds in just a year? It’s risky for you and your family for they can spread diseases and cause significant damage to the overall structure of your home. Through gnawing, building of nests, and defecation, rats can damage the structure of your home without you even noticing it. Here are some other things you need to know about this type of pest:
- Rats will chew anything that they can chew—may it be a book, wood, paper, or cloth. They do not have respect for any item stored in the attic, garage, basement, or closet. They will chew anything that they think they can use in building their nests.
- These pests can also gnaw and burrow into your living room’s upholstered furniture creating a hidden, snug nest. Aside from upholstered furniture, they can also do that to your car seats.
- Insulation is also one of their targets; expect them to forge their way through insulation systems located inside the walls and attic to gather materials in building their nests. And when they collect nesting materials, they will surely leave urine and fecal droppings along the way. If an area is filled with rat urine and feces, it only means that that place is a great place to live in; the scent or urine and feces will attract more rats.
- They see large electrical appliances as good places to build their nests. For them to be comfortable inside these large electrical appliances, they will chew on or bite through insulation and wires. The effects may be a short circuit or malfunctioning electrical appliances. This may also lead to, or increase, the risk of fire incidents.
- Rats are not choosy when it comes to food. They will feed on a wide array of stored food items (or even pet foods). When searching, they will contaminate your food with urine, fecal droppings, and/or hair. Studies show that an average rat only eats about 3 grams of food daily but can contaminate and destroy 10x more food than it eats.
- Rats also target newly planted crops in your garden. They can cause serious damage before you can even harvest your fruits and vegetables.
To make sure that your home is rat-free, the first thing you should do is to always make it clean. Contact us, your trusted cleaning company in Abu Dhabi. Our pest exterminators have years of professional experience in the field of rat control in Abu Dhabi. Let us work for you today!